In our January 2020 class we kicked of the year reflecting on 2019 and thinking about how we want our relationship to grow in 2020. We personally answered the questions below, then broke into Men and Women groups to discuss.
The biggest take away was the belief that men had regarding not receiving from their spouse as much as they give. Many of the spouses acknowledged taking more than giving. We also discover the struggle men have to plan dates and leader courageously. In some cases, the women were waiting for their spouse to take charge, in other cases, the women acknowledged a need to step back so their spouse could lead.
In 2020, we are going to focus on practical ways to grow your marriage. We had so many people at our seminar request in our survey for specific tools to help them grow. We are excited about this opportunity to refocus from changing our spouse to bettering ourselves. Below are our 2020 focus areas:
- Deeper Interactions with Your Spouse
- Communicating & Handling Conflict
- Day to Day Relationship Management
- Couple Strengthening Exercises and Activities
- Mastering Your Spouse's Love Language
- Improving Affection, Not Just Sex
- Improving Covenant Relationship with God
Strong Marriage = Strong Families = Better Communities = Better World